Wednesday 24 August 1938
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mason Williams in Abilene and Halldor Blondal.
You Can't Take It with You, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching Telecrime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 August 1938!
Which were the important events of 24 August 1938 ?
- Liberia: Flag Day
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Bartholomew
- Roman festivals - first of the 3 days on which the mundus was opened
- Ukraine: National Holiday, independence from Russia (1991)
- Sierra Leone: President's Birthday
- Mason Williams in Abilene: Texas, USA; writer (Smother Brothers Hour).
- Halldor Blondal: Icelandic politician.
- Mason Williams: American musician-composer and author, originally hired as a gag writer for the "Smothers Brothers" television show, who then starred as a singer on the same show.
- David Freiberg: American singer and bass player (Quicksilver Messenger Service Jefferson Airplane and Jefferson Starship).
- England beat Australia by an innings and 579 runs at The Oval
- Virgil Trucks strikes out his 418th batter, highest season total in organized ball-for Andalusia in an Alabama-Florida League game
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?