Wednesday 10 August 1938
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Grit Boettcher and Tony Ross.
Four Daughters, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching Telecrime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1938!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1938 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
Famous Birthdays:10 August
- Joseph Moorat: Composer, dies at 73.
- 119 degrees F (48 degrees C), Pendleton, Oregon (state record).
- At a secret summit with his leading generals, Hitler attacks General Beck's arguments against ''Fall Grün'', winning the majority of his senior officers over to his point of view.
- The Thousand Islands Bridge, connecting the United States with Canada, is dedicated by U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- Colonel General Ludwig Beck, convinced that Hitler's decision to attack Czechoslovakia will lead to a general European war, resigns his position as Chief of the Army General Staff in protest.
- Ewald von Kleist-Schmenzin arrives in London looking for British support for an anti-Nazi ''putsch'', using the looming crisis over the Sudetenland as a pretext. His private mission is dismissed by Neville Chamberlain as unimportant (Chamberlain refers to von Kleist as a ampquotJacobiteampquot), but he finds a sympathetic if powerless audience in Winston Churchill.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?