Thursday 18 August 1938
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
You Can't Take It with You, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 1938!
Which were the important events of 18 August 1938 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
- Joe Frank: American radio personality.
- Orestes Quércia: Brazilian politician, the mayor of Campinas, a governor and a senator, long suspected of fraud and financial corruption.
- FDR dedicates Thousand Islands Bridge connecting US and Canada
- Canadian Prime Minister William King and US President Franklin Roosevelt dedicate the Thousand Islands Bridge connecting US and Canada.
- The Thousand Islands Bridge, connecting New York State, United States with Ontario, Canada over the St. Lawrence River, is dedicated by U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 August 1938 and get them!