Saturday 6 January 1934
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Sons of the Desert, directed by William A. Seiter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1934!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1934 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Bobby Lord in Sanford: Florida, USA; country singer (Ozark Jubilee).
- Sylvia Syms: American jazz singer (Born 1917).
- John Wieners: American poet and actor (d. 2002).
- Sylvia Sims: English actress.
- Harry M Miller: Australian entrepreneur.
- Harry Miller: New Zealand show business entrepreneur, celebrity agent and impresario, Harry M. Miller was born in 1934 to English immigrants. From a background of poverty, he rose to the position of one of the most powerful impresarios in Australia and New Zealand and innovator in computerized ticketing as well as the largest cattle breeder in Australia.
- Herbert Chapman: English football player and manager (Born 1878).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 January 1934 and get them!