Saturday 6 January 1934, Epiphany
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bobby Lord in Sanford and Sylvia Sims.
Sons of the Desert, directed by William A. Seiter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1934!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1934 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Bobby Lord in Sanford: Florida, USA; country singer (Ozark Jubilee).
- Sylvia Sims: English actress.
- Harry M Miller: Australian entrepreneur.
- Harry Miller: New Zealand show business entrepreneur, celebrity agent and impresario, Harry M. Miller was born in 1934 to English immigrants.
- Sylvia Syms: American jazz singer (Born 1917).
- John Wieners: American poet and actor (d. 2002)
- Herbert Chapman: English football player and manager (Born 1878).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?