Sunday 7 January 1934
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Sons of the Desert, directed by William A. Seiter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while Anthony Adverse by Hervey Allen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1934!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1934 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Charles Lamont Jenkins in New York City: New York, USA; 400m runner (Olympics-gold-1956).
- Jean Corbeil: Canadian lawyer and politician 29th Canadian Minister of Labour (d. 2002).
- Charles Jenkins: American sprinter and coach.
- Tassos Papadopoulos: Cypriot lawyer and politician 5th President of Cyprus (d. 2008).
- Flash Gordon comic strip (by Alex Raymond) debuts
- Princess Juliana marries German Prince Bernhard von Lippe-Biesterfeld
- The first ''Flash Gordon'' comic strip is published.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?