Thursday 6 July 1972
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Billy Davis and Mark Gasser.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Lean On Me by Bill Withers.
In UK Puppy Love by Donny Osmond was in the top 5 hits.
Le Samouraï, directed by Jean-Pierre Melville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kikaida: Android of Justice.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1972!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1972 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Billy Davis: NFL wide receiver (Dallas Cowboys).
- Mark Gasser: British pianist.
- Isabelle Boulay: Canadian singer, interpreter.
- Laurent Gaudé: French writer.
- Greg Norton: American baseball player and coach.
- Zhanna Pintusevich-Block: Ukrainian sprinter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bill Withers - Lean On Me
- Billy Preston - Outa-Space
- Neil Diamond - Song Sung Blue
- Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose - Too Late To Turn Back Now
- Sammy Davis Jr. - The Candy Man
- Jimmy Castor - Troglodyte (Cave Man)
- Elton John - Rocket Man
- Wayne Newton - Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast
- America - I Need You
- Luther Ingram - (If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want To Be Right
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?