Thursday 13 July 1972
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Lean On Me by Bill Withers.
In UK Puppy Love by Donny Osmond was in the top 5 hits.
Trinity Is STILL My Name!, directed by E.B. Clucher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 July 1972!
Which were the important events of 13 July 1972 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday, 3rd day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of K�lim�t (Words) - First day of the seventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Bon Festival - Buddhist festival to honor the dead (East Japan)
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 2nd day (not a holiday)
- Rodrigo Gularte: Brazilian drug trafficker (d. 2015).
- Sven Lõhmus: Estonian composer and producer.
- Sean Waltman: American professional wrestler.
- Clint Sodowsky: Ponca City, Oklahoma -- Pitcher (Detroit Tigers).
- LA Rams (Irsay) and Baltimore Colts (Rosenbloom) swap owners
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bill Withers - Lean On Me
- Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose - Too Late To Turn Back Now
- Billy Preston - Outa-Space
- Neil Diamond - Song Sung Blue
- Looking Glass - Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)
- Elton John - Rocket Man
- Wayne Newton - Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
- Luther Ingram - (If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want To Be Right
- Roberta Flack - Where Is The Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?