Saturday 7 July 1923
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Lumley and Roberto Caamano.
Merry-Go-Round, directed by Rupert Julian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 July 1923!
Which were the important events of 7 July 1923 ?
- Russia and Ukraine - Ivan Kupala
- United Kingdom - July 7th Bombings remembrance day
- Bhutan - Guru Rinpoche
- Roman Empire - Nonae Caprotinae festival in honor of Juno
- Tanzania - Saba Saba Day (or Peasants' Day, founding of the TANU party, 1954)
- Solomon Islands - Independence Day (1978)
- Spain - San Fermfn festival or running of the bulls, in Pamplona, Navarre.
- Worldwide - Bungie Day
- United States - Bonza bottler day
- Japan - Tanabata
- Richard Lumley: English insurance magnate / multi-millionaire.
- Roberto Caamano: Composer.
- Jean Kerr in Scranton: Pennsylvania, USA; novelist (Please Don't Eat the Daisies).
- Josephine Ford: American noted family and philanthropist.
- Liviu Ciulei: Romanian actor director and screenwriter (d. 2011).
- Eduardo Falú: Argentinian guitarist and composer (d. 2013)
- 43rd Wimbledon Mens Tennis: William Johnston beats F Hunter (60 63 61)
- University of Delaware invents the "junior year abroad" (at Sorbonne).
- Cleveland Indians beat Boston Red Sox 27-3 with 13 runs in 6th inning.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1923 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Gulf Coast Blues - Bessie Smith
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?