Saturday 7 July 1923
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Merry-Go-Round, directed by Rupert Julian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1923.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 July 1923!
Which were the important events of 7 July 1923 ?
- Russia and Ukraine - Ivan Kupala
- United Kingdom - July 7th Bombings remembrance day
- Bhutan - Guru Rinpoche
- Roman Empire - Nonae Caprotinae festival in honor of Juno
- Tanzania - Saba Saba Day (or Peasants' Day, founding of the TANU party, 1954)
- Solomon Islands - Independence Day (1978)
- Spain - San Fermfn festival or running of the bulls, in Pamplona, Navarre.
- Worldwide - Bungie Day
- United States - Bonza bottler day
- Japan - Tanabata
- Jean Kerr in Scranton: Pennsylvania, USA; novelist (Please Don't Eat the Daisies).
- Liviu Ciulei: Romanian actor director and screenwriter (d. 2011).
- Eduardo Falú: Argentinian guitarist and composer (d. 2013).
- Richard Lumley: English insurance magnate / multi-millionaire.
- Roberto Caamano: Composer.
- Josephine Ford: American noted family and philanthropist. Known as "Dody" to her friends and faimily, she supported the arts and the outdoor activities including Acadia National Park in Maine, where she had a home. She donated $20 million to the Detroit Institute of Arts, in addition to the donation of a Van Gogh painting ("The Postman") valued at $40 million. Among her many gifts to charitable and cultural organizations were $25 million to the College for Creative Studies in Detroit and $10 million to the Henr
- 43rd Wimbledon Mens Tennis: William Johnston beats F Hunter (60 63 61)
- University of Delaware invents the "junior year abroad" (at Sorbonne).
- Cleveland Indians beat Boston Red Sox 27-3 with 13 runs in 6th inning.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1923 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Gulf Coast Blues - Bessie Smith
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?