Sunday 7 June 2009
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
The Hangover, directed by Todd Phillips, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Video Games AWESOME!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Another Code: R – A Journey into Lost Memories or Bionic Heart.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 June 2009!
Which were the important events of 7 June 2009 ?
- Luciana, virgin, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Blessed Maria Theresia of Soubiran (died 1889)
- Saint Procopius [PCP (Paris), as Proces]
- Saint Wulstan, bishop of Worcester, confessor (Translation day)
- Malta - Sette giugno - Riot in Malta that began the road to self government and then independence.
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2007)
- Colman, bishop of Dromore [BLS]
- Saint Godoald, bishop, confessor
- Norway - Union Dissolution Day, observing the 1905 decision to dissolve the Union between Sweden and Norway.
- Saint Maximinus, bishop of Aix, confessor
- Roman Empire - first day of the Vestalia (penus vestae) in honor of Vesta.
- Saint Robert, abbot of Chichester
- Blessed Robert, abbot of Newminster, Northumberland
- saint Servatius, bishop, confessor or martyr (Translation day)
- Blessed Paul, bishop of Constantinople, martyr
- Blessed Meriadec, bishop (of Vannes
- Blessed Godeschalc, prince of the Vandals, martyr
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop, confessor
- Blessed Anna of St. Bartholomaeus (died 1626)
- Blessed Willibald
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 June
- The European Union's parliamentary election concludes in Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, and Sweden. (RTÉ)
- Air France Flight 447:
- Air France replaces airspeed sensors on its Airbus aircraft. (BBC)
- Four additional bodies are discovered in the Atlantic Ocean. (Reuters)
- Bolivia's government seeks two Irish passport-holders who are allegedly connected to the attempted assassination of President Evo Morales in April. (''Times'')
- A seven-day gay pride festival is held for the first time in Shanghai, China. (BBC)
- The United States Supreme Court is requested to block Italian automaker Fiat's purchase of Chrysler. (BBC)
- Former Cuban President Fidel Castro dismisses allegations that ex-U.S. State Department employee Kendall Myers spied for his country. (''Times of India'')
- Former United Kingdom Cabinet Ministers Hazel Blears, James Purnell, John Hutton, and Caroline Flint coordinated their resignations to compel Prime Minister Gordon Brown to also resign. (''Independent'')
- Dalai Lama Tenzin Gyatso is granted honorary citizenship in Paris, France. (AFP)
- Radio Shabelle director Moqtar Mohamed Hirabe is killed in Mogadishu, Somalia. (BBC)
- ''Billy Elliot the Musical'' wins Best Musical and ''God of Carnage'' wins Best Play at the 63rd Tony Awards. (AP via Google News)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 7 June 2009
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2009 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?