Monday 7 May 1928
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Hangman's House, directed by June Collyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 7 May 1928 ?
- USA - National Masturbation Day (Declared by Good_Vibrations_(sex_toy_business)) Now in its 11th year - 
- Blessed Gisela (died 1060)
- Saint Domitian of Huy, apostle of the Meuse valley
- Bulgaria - Radio and Television Day (see above)
- Russia - Radio Day (commemorating the work of Alexander Popov)
- Saint Flavia Domitilla
- Herbert Siegel: American entrepreneur and CEO of BHC Communications, a TV station conglomerate that's a subsidiery of Time-Warner.
- Marvin Mitchelson: American attorney, famous for palimony cases, self-promotion and personal flamboyance, once the world’s highest-paid lawyer.
- John Ingle: Actor (Edward Quartermaine- General Hospital).
- Alexander Afanasii Spendiaryan: Composer, dies at 56.
- Pulitzer prize awarded to Thornton Wilder for (Bridge of San Luis Rey)
- England lowers age of women voters from 30 to 21.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?