Tuesday 8 May 1928
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Theodore Sorensen and William Jay Sydeman.
Hangman's House, directed by June Collyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1928 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Theodore Sorensen: American lawyer and special counsel to John F. Kennedy (d. 2010).
- William Jay Sydeman: Composer.
- Lucien Meraint: France sport Champion.
- Robert Conley: American journalist (d. 2013).
- Ted Sorensen: American lawyer 8th White House Counsel (d. 2010).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 May 1928
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?