Thursday 10 May 1928
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Hangman's House, directed by June Collyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 May 1928!
Which were the important events of 10 May 1928 ?
- Saint Gordianus
- Saint Isidore the Laborer
- Saint John of Avila
- Saint Job
- Saint Quaratus and Quintus
- Saint Peter Van
- Saint William of Pontoise
- Buddha's Birthday in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and South Korea.
- Saint Francis of Assisi
- Saint Solange
- The first possible day on which Pentecost may fall.
- Akshaya Tritya in Hinduism.
- Astronomy Day in the United States.
- Birds' and Trees' Day in Hungary
- Memorial Day of Blessed Damien of Moloka'i
- Celebration of the Clandestine Retreat of Ma'at and Ra in Ancient Egypt.
- Constitution Day in the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Inauguration Day in South Africa.
- Mania (mythology) in Ancient Rome.
- The marriage of Shiva to Meenakshi in Madurai, India
- Arnold Ruutel: Estonian president.
- Anabelle Buffet: French writer and singer.
- Walter Yowarsky: American college and pro football player, a defensive and offensive lineman who played for the Washington Redskins, Detroit Lions, New York Giants, and San Francisco 49ers between 1951 and 1958.
- Arnold Rüütel: Estonian agronomist and politician 3rd President of Estonia.
- Lothar Schmid: German chess player (d. 2013).
- WGY, Schenectady begins regular TV programming
- The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia commences operations.
- The animated short ''Plane Crazy'' is released by Disney Studios in Los Angeles, featuring the first appearances of Mickey and Minnie Mouse.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?