Saturday 7 September 1968
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to People Got To Be Free by The Rascals.
In UK Hey Jude by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1968!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1968 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Marcel Desailly: Ghanaian-French footballer.
- Gennadi Krasnitski: Russian figure skater and coach.
- Lucy Robinson: English actress.
- Kyle Stevens in New Jersey: USA; rock guitarist (Bang Tango - "Dancin' on Coals").
- Erik Williams: NFL tackle (Dallas Cowboys).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rascals - People Got To Be Free
- Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild
- Jose Feliciano - Light My Fire
- Jeannie C. Riley - Harper Valley P.T.A.
- The Doors - Hello, I Love You
- Aretha Franklin - The House That Jack Built
- The 1910 Fruitgum Company - 1,2,3 Red Light
- Marvin Gaye - You're All I Need To Get By
- Archie Bell & The Drells - I Can't Stop Dancing
- The Dells - Stay In My Corner
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?