Monday 8 April 1968
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Honey by Bobby Goldsboro.
In UK What A Wonderful World / Cabaret by Louis Armstrong was in the top 5 hits.
The Young Girls of Rochefort, directed by Jacques Demy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1968!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1968 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Patricia Girard-Leno: French athlete.
- Shawn Fonteno: Voice Actor.
- Patricia Arquette: American actress, the second to the youngest of five in a close-knit, liberal family.
- Don Davey: NFL defensive tackle (Jacksonville Jaguars).
- Patricia Arquette in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Ed Wood, Nightmare on Elm Street 3).
- Tracy Grammer: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Dave Carter and Tracy Grammer)
- Patricia Girard: French athlete who competed mainly in the 100 metre Hurdles.
- Barbara Jane Harrison: Air stewardess (Born1945).
- 40th Academy Awards postponed to April 10th due to death of M L King
- New socialist constitution of East Germany takes effect
- WKPI TV channel 22 in Pikeville, KY (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Czechoslovakia Cernik government forms.
- BOAC Flight 712 catches fire shortly after take off. As a result of her actions in the accident, Barbara Jane Harrison is awarded a posthumous George Cross, the only GC awarded to a woman in peacetime.
- Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs (under Department of Justice) (BNDD) created.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- Union Gap - Young Girl
- The Box Tops - Cry Like A Baby
- The Monkees - Valleri
- The Beatles - Lady Madonna
- The Delfonics - La - La Means I Love You
- Aretha Franklin - (Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone
- Georgie Fame - The Ballad Of Bonnie And Clyde
- Manfred Mann - Mighty Quinn (Quinn The Eskimo)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?