Tuesday 8 July 1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Dawn Patrol, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1930!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1930 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Antoine Bourseiller: French comedian and stage director, he married the actress Chantal Darget (a daughter: Marie Sara) and had another daughter, Rosalie, with Agnès Varda, Belgian film director.
- Jerry Vale: American singer and actor (d. 2014).
- Frank Slay: American songwriter, A&R director, record producer, and record label owner.
- Valeri Aleksandrovich Yazdovsky: Russian Cosmonaut.
- Sir Joseph Ward: 17th Prime Minister of New Zealand (Born 1856).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?