Thursday 3 July 1930
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pete Fountain in New Orleans and Carlos Kleiber in Berlin.
The Dawn Patrol, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 1930!
Which were the important events of 3 July 1930 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
- Pete Fountain in New Orleans: USA; jazz clarinetist (Lawrence Welk Show 1957-59).
- Carlos Kleiber in Berlin: Germany; conductor (Bavarian State Orchestra 1968).
- Albert Aboucassem: Egyptian astrologer, writer and lecturer.
- Pete Fountain: American jazz musician on clarinet and sax.
- Ferde Grofe: American noted family, the son of the noted musician; went into film production and directing.
- Billy Howton: American football end who played 12 seasons in the National Football League (NFL) in the 1950s and early 1960s. He played college football for Rice University. He caught a total 503 career passes for a total of 8,459 yards. In doing so, he surpassed then leader Don Hutson to become the all-time leader in receptions and yardage. He retired in 1963 after four years with the Dallas Cowboys.
- Carlos Kleiber: German-Austrian conductor (d. 2004)
- Tommy Tedesco: American guitarist (The Wrecking Crew) (d. 1997)
- Veterans Administration created
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?