Monday 7 July 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Theodore Edgar McCarrick and William Baugh.
The Dawn Patrol, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 July 1930!
Which were the important events of 7 July 1930 ?
- Russia and Ukraine - Ivan Kupala
- United Kingdom - July 7th Bombings remembrance day
- Bhutan - Guru Rinpoche
- Roman Empire - Nonae Caprotinae festival in honor of Juno
- Tanzania - Saba Saba Day (or Peasants' Day, founding of the TANU party, 1954)
- Solomon Islands - Independence Day (1978)
- Spain - San Fermfn festival or running of the bulls, in Pamplona, Navarre.
- Worldwide - Bungie Day
- United States - Bonza bottler day
- Japan - Tanabata
- Theodore Edgar McCarrick: American cardinal.
- William Baugh: American military, U.S.
- Amaldo Lucentini: Italy sport Champion.
- Hamish MacInnes: Scottish mountaineer and author.
- Theodore McCarrick: American cardinal.
- Hank Mobley: American jazz composer and saxophonist (d. 1986)
- Arthur Conan Doyle: Scottish writer best known as creator of the modern detective story, and of the characters Sherlock Holmes and his colleague Dr. Watson.
- Construction of the Boulder Dam begins, in Boulder Canyon, Colorado.
- Industrialist Henry J. Kaiser begins construction of the Boulder Dam (now known as Hoover Dam).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?