Monday 8 March 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Imma Be by The Black Eyed Peas.
She's Out of My League, directed by Jim Field Smith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Radio Radio.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Babysitting Mama or Dead Space Ignition.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 March 2010!
Which were the important events of 8 March 2010 ?
- Saint Philemon (d. 305)
- Albania, Romania - Mother's Day.
- Catholicism Saint John of God.
- Hudson's Birthday - The Second Coming Of Christmas.
- Saint Humfried of Terwaan
- Saint Cyrillus of Africa
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 March
- The stolen body of Tassos Papadopoulos, fifth President of Cyprus, is discovered in a cemetery near the capital.
- Irish Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism Martin Cullen resigns from politics after seeking medical advice. (''The Irish Times'')
- New York politician Eric Massa resigns after admitting to sexual harassment. (''The Times'')
- A strong earthquake in Turkey kills dozens. (BBC)
- Female poet Simin Behbahani says the government of Iran has issued her with a ampquottravel banampquot after confiscating her passport at Tehran International Airport as she was about to travel to France. (BBC)
- Interpol issues ampquotred noticesampquot for 16 more individuals in connection with the assassination of Mahmoud al-Mabhouh, bringing to 27 the number of people wanted for the assassination. (Reuters India)
- The French Navy, supported by European Union aircraft and vessels, seizes 35 suspected pirates in 4 mother ships and 6 little boats off the coast of Somalia in the EU's most successful mission. (BBC)
- German Federal Minister of Justice Sabine Leutheusser-Schnarrenberger says the Vatican has built a ampquotwall of silenceampquot in response to the country's child sexual abuse controversy of recent months. (BBC)
- Nine people go on trial charged with terrorism and links to al-Qaeda in Belgium. (France24)
- Middle East:
- Israel announces the construction of 112 new Jewish homes for the occupied West Bank territory despite the freeze on new settlements initiated in November 2009. (RTÉ)
- Quartet on the Middle East representative Tony Blair meets leader of the Arab League Amr Moussa and concludes there is ampquotno hopeampquot for Palestinians without an independent state. (Arabnews)
- A Pakistani Taliban car bomb attack on a Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) building in Lahore kills at least 11, wounds 60. (BBC)
- 12 people mdash 10 civilian passengers and 2 policemen mdash die in two separate roadside bombs in Badghis Province, Afghanistan. (Reuters)
- Parliament approves President of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's budget for 2010/11. (Reuters)
- Togolese police fire tear gas at street protesters who dispute Faure Gnassingbé's presidential election triumph. (BBC)
- French police shoot tear gas at protesters at oil company Total S.A.'s headquarters in Paris. (Al Jazeera)
- Members of Parliament from Federally Administered Tribal Areas in Pakistan refuse a body scan in the USA, and return home. (Dawn)
- President of East Timor José Ramos-Horta begins his two-day first official state visit to Ireland by meeting Taoiseach Brian Cowen, urging the country to continue providing economic support as a priority nation and receiving an honorary doctorate from University College Dublin. (Philippines News)
- Chilean looters return £1.3 million ($2million) of stolen goods, according to the government. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?