Sunday 14 March 2010
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Imma Be by The Black Eyed Peas.
She's Out of My League, directed by Jim Field Smith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 2010!
Which were the important events of 14 March 2010 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 March
- A massive power outage occurs in parts of Chile, including Santiago, with ONEMI working to restore service. (Santiago Times)
- David Beckham tears his Achilles tendon in a match for A.C. Milan. He is ruled out for the 2010 FIFA World Cup. (CNN)
- National United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship protesters in red march through Bangkok, Thailand, demonstrating against the government. (Xinhua)
- Archbishop of Armagh and Primacy of Ireland Cardinal Seán Brady refuses calls by sex abuse victims such as Colm O'Gorman to resign and defends representing the Church when two teenagers abused by Father Brendan Smyth were forced to sign an oath of silence. (''The Sunday Times'')
- Israeli military forces seize a senior Hamas official after raiding Ramallah. (ABC News)
- Two French Triangle workers who were kidnapped in Birao, Central African Republic last November are released in Darfur. (BBC)
- Two people are killed and 30 injured when an avalanche hits a snowmobile competition in British Columbia, Western Canada. (CBC)
- Drug-related violence kills 24 people in Mexico in 24 hours, 13 of them in the city of Acapulco. (Reuters)
- Spaniard Fernando Alonso wins the 2010 Bahrain Grand Prix Formula One race Brazilian Felipe Massa comes in second. (''The New York Times')
- Primaries elections for the presidential candidate (for the upcoming presidential election) from Green Party (3 candidates) and Conservative Party (5 candidates) also take place. (Direct Democracy)
- Brazilian President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva lands in Israel at the start of his Middle East tour of Palestine and Jordan before his visit to Iran. (BBC)
- A 6.6 magnitude earthquake hits central Japan with no reports of damage or casualties. (MSNBC.com)
- A 6.4 magnitude earthquake hits the eastern islands of Indonesia no immediate reports of casualties. (Reuters)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?