Wednesday 3 March 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Imma Be by The Black Eyed Peas.
Alice in Wonderland, directed by Tim Burton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Dear John by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Good Bad Flicks.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter or Darkstar: The Interactive Movie.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 March 2010!
Which were the important events of 3 March 2010 ?
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day
- Bulgaria - Liberation Day.
- Malawi - Martyr's Day.
- Hinamatsuri - Japanese celebration day for girls.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 March
- Gay people may now receive communion across the diocese of 's-Hertogenbosch after nationwide protests following an incident last Sunday. (Radio Netherlands Worldwide)
- An Israeli raid on the West Bank is aborted after a soldier posts the following secret details on Facebook: ampquotOn Wednesday we are cleaning Qatanna, and on Thursday, God willing, going homeampquot. (Reuters)
- Aftermath of the 2010 Chile earthquake:
- The Chilean Navy admits failure to prevent deaths in the tsunami triggered by the recent earthquake. (Al Jazeera)
- Residents in Concepción are critical of the government's response, with one saying: ampquotI did not support General Augusto Pinochet, but right now we could use a Pinochetampquot. (''The Independent'')
- President Michelle Bachelet says Chile is not short of food and fuel as the official death toll now stands at 799. (BBC)
- Leonid Tyagachyov, head of Russia's Olympic Committee, resigns after the nation's worst performance in the history of the Winter Olympic Games at the 2010 event in Vancouver. (''The New York Times'')
- A fake Swedish pilot is detained in an Amsterdam cockpit in the process of taking off for Turkey in a jet with 101 passengers. (''The Age'')
- One German and one Italian man are killed and at least 6 are injured near Marseille in a collision between a 26-foot wave and the Greek-Cypriot cruise ship ''Louise Majesty'' which was travelling with 2,000 passengers from Barcelona to Genoa. (''Irish Independent'')
- President of Nigeria Umaru Yar'Adua does not attend a cabinet meeting in Abuja after his arrival home from medical treatment in Saudi Arabia. Acting President Goodluck Jonathan chairs instead. (Al Jazeera)
- Spain says Venezuela has said it will assist an investigation into allegations of support for ETA. (BBC)
- 5 police officials in Chiniot, Punjab, are detained after footage of them whipping people in their custody are broadcast across national television channels. (''The News International'')
- 7 suspected weapons traffickers to Iran (2 Iranians, 5 Italians) are detained in Italy with the help of Swiss police. (France24)
- Multiple suicide bombings, including one at a hospital, kill at least 33 and wound more than 50 people in Baqouba, Iraq. (Al Jazeera)
- Three are killed in Indian Navy air show crash in Hyderabad, India. (CNN)
- In the elections in the Netherlands, voters choose new municipal councils for 394 municipalities. ''(NOS)''
- A BBC investigation claims millions of dollars in Western aid donated to the 1984–1985 famine in Ethiopia was stolen by rebels who used it to purchase weapons. (BBC)
- ''The Hurt Locker'':
- Nicolas Chartier, producer of ''The Hurt Locker'', is banned from the 82nd Academy Awards after an e-mail is found to be a violation of rules. (CNN)
- An American army bomb disposal expert sues for multi-millions the makers of ''The Hurt Locker''. (ABC News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?