Friday 5 March 2010
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Imma Be by The Black Eyed Peas.
She's Out of My League, directed by Jim Field Smith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Dear John by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 2010!
Which were the important events of 5 March 2010 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 March
- Baidu shares have risen 34% since rival Google said on Jan 12 it may shut down its business in China. Baidu has risen 34 percent and Google has lost 8.5 percent. (China Daily)
- Irish Minister for Foreign Affairs Micheál Martin, writing in the ''International Herald Tribune'', says Israel's blockade of Gaza is ampquotinhumane and unacceptableampquot and calls on the European Union and other countries to request that it be ended following his visit there last week. (RTÉ)
- A magnitude 6.5 earthquake occurs in the ocean off Sumatra with the possibility of a tsunami. (CNN)
- HIH Princess Toshi of Japan is excused from school due to excessive bullying from classmates. (''The Times'')
- Joe Glenton, a British soldier who went AWOL in 2007 and became a figurehead of the anti-war movement, is demoted and sent to jail in Colchester. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Prime Minister of the United Kingdom Gordon Brown gives evidence to the Iraq Inquiry. (''The Times'')
- Fiji imprisons eight men for an assassination attempt on Commodore Frank Bainimarama in 2007. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- 15 Israeli police are ampquotlightly hurtampquot and several dozen Palestinians are injured and three are arrested after Friday prayers on the Temple Mount and a recent Israeli decision to include two West Bank shrines on a list of national heritage sites. (''Ha'aretz'')
- At least 16 people are wounded in two grenade attacks in Kigali, one near the city's genocide memorial. A third explosion elsewhere kills at least one person. (Reuters)
- Pakistan army kills 30 Taliban militants near Peshawar, the capital of North West Frontier Province. (Global Security)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?