Friday 8 June 1928
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Lodger: A Story of the London Fog, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1928!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1928 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Maudelle Tooks: American gifted psychic who has been receiving messages from the spirits since she was about eight years old.
- Kate Wilhelm: American sci-fi author, novelist, and short-story writer.
- Mary Parker: American Mensan, a pharmacist who owned and operated her own drugstore along with her husband, Web.
- Jiri Dvoracek: Composer.
- Kat[i]e [Gertrude] Wilhelm: United States -- Sci-fi author (Hugo, Hamlet Trap).
- 1st US-to-Australia flight lands (Sir Charles Kingford)
- First US-to-Australia flight lands (Sir Charles Kingford).
- Second Northern Expedition: The National Revolutionary Army captures Peking, whose name is changed to Beijing.
- By seizing Beijing and renaming it Běipíng, the NRA puts an end to the Fengtian warlords' Běiyáng government there.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?