Friday 8 October 1948
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Stefanie Marrian and Sarah Purcell in Richmond.
Macbeth, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Greatest Fights of the Century.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1948!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1948 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Stefanie Marrian: Paris, France -- Comedienne (Benny Hill Show).
- Sarah Purcell in Richmond: Indiana, USA; actress/TV hostess (Real People).
- Pedro Lopez: Colombian serial killer.
- Enzo Baldoni: Italian journalist who was abducted and executed in Iraq in the summer of 2004.
- Claude Jade: One of the major actresses of the French new wave, widely known for her roles in Truffaut's trilogy: "Baisers volés", "Domicile conjugal" and "l'amour en fuite": Stolen kisses, Bed and Board, Love on the run.
- Johnny Ramone: Punk Singer
- Benjamin Cheever: American journalist and author
- Pedro López: Colombian serial killer
- Sarah Purcell: American radio and television host
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?