Monday 25 October 1948
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dave Cowens NBA forward (Boston Celtics and Daniel Mark Epstein.
The Red Shoes, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Amanda.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1948!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1948 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Dave Cowens NBA forward (Boston Celtics: Milwaukee Bucks).
- Daniel Mark Epstein: American poet and biographer.
- Dave Cowens: American basketball star, drafted by the Boston Celtics in 1970.
- Dan Gable: American amateur wrestler and head coach.
- Dan Issel: American athlete, professional basketball player who was named American Basketball Association Rookie of the Year in 1971 after a phenomenal first year with the Kentucky Colonels.
- David Cowens: Newport sports Champions
- Diana Burrell: English viola player and composer
- Daniel Epstein: American poet and author
- Special Council of Annulment convicts F Weinreb for collaboration
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1948 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Kay Kyser & His Orchestra - On a Slow Boat to China
- One Has My Name (The Other Has My Heart) - Jimmy Wakely
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?