Monday 25 October 1948
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Red Shoes, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1948!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1948 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Dave Cowens NBA forward (Boston Celtics: Milwaukee Bucks).
- Daniel Mark Epstein: American poet and biographer.
- David Cowens: Newport sports Champions.
- Dan Gable: American amateur wrestler and head coach.
- Dave Cowens: American basketball star, drafted by the Boston Celtics in 1970.
- Dan Issel: American athlete, professional basketball player who was named American Basketball Association Rookie of the Year in 1971 after a phenomenal first year with the Kentucky Colonels. The following year he was named Most Valuable Player of the All Star team. The team won a championship in 1975; he went on to become one of the top scorers in the game and retired from pro-basketball in 1985. In 1992 he returned to the game as a coach for the Denver Nuggets but left coaching early in the 1994-95 season
- Diana Burrell: English viola player and composer
- Daniel Epstein: American poet and author
- Special Council of Annulment convicts F Weinreb for collaboration
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1948 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Kay Kyser & His Orchestra - On a Slow Boat to China
- One Has My Name (The Other Has My Heart) - Jimmy Wakely
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?