Sunday 31 October 1948, Halloween
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kenneth Feld and Franco Gasparri.
The Snake Pit, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Studio One in Hollywood.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 October 1948!
Which were the important events of 31 October 1948 ?
- October 31st is Nevada Day
- Protestant Church - Reformation Day: Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the Wittenberg church on this day in 1517
- Wikipedia - Wikipedia:Tim Starling Day
- Cornwall - Allantide
- October 31st is Halloween; also see Samhain (an approximate date)
- St. Wolfgang
- St Urban
- St. Quentin
- St. Notburga
- St. Bega
- Paganism and Celts - Samhain
- St. Arnulf
- Also see October 31 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - October 31 is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Antoninus
- Kenneth Feld: American business executive and entertainment producer, the owner of Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey circus in the '90s.
- Franco Gasparri: Italian actor, the son of the painter and film poster artist Rodolfo.
- Diane Linkletter: American noted family, the daughter of Art Linkletter and a LSD user.
- Monique Olivier: French criminal, convicted of one murder and of helping her husband, Michel Fourniret, with the murder of a further six women or teenage girls.
- Michael Kitchen: English actor and producer.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Buttons and Bows - Dinning Sisters
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?