Sunday 10 October 1948
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ed Volker and Severine.
Macbeth, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Greatest Fights of the Century.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 October 1948!
Which were the important events of 10 October 1948 ?
- Ed Volker: American musician.
- Severine: French singer.
- Régis Ducousso: French businessman, an entertainment producer whose eponymous company manages and trains actors, dancers, musicians, storytellers, acrobats, and public speakers.
- Daniel Giamaria: American pro astrologer from 1971 and creator of the Astrological Vision Quest in which he conducts experiential tours to countries all over the world to observe major eclipses.
- Carol Kidu: Australian-born politician with noted spouse.
- Michael Lewis: American musician. A rock'n roll pro since the age of 15, he dropped out of college after two years to start a working career with groups and studios. From 1974 he was a producer and arranger for groups that included "Tuxedo Junction," "Tropez" and "David Benoit." He also plays as accompanist for various TV programs.
- Séverine : French singer, she began her career with The Murators (and Alain Chamfort as pianist). She won the Eurovision Song Contest in 1971, representing Monaco ("A bench, a tree, a street") and had further success in Germany.
- Sue Campbell: Baroness Campbell of Loughborough English academic and businesswoman
- Ted Horn: American race car driver, he won National Championship titles in 1946, 1947 and 1948.
- Then record 86,288 see game 5 of World Series in Cleveland
- R-1 missile on test becomes the first Soviet launch to enter space.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?