Monday 18 October 1948
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Red Shoes, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1948!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1948 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Hans Kochler: Austrian philosopher.
- Mark La Mura: American actor seen in the role of Mark Dalton in "All My Children," 1970.
- Hans Köchler: Austrian philosopher author and academic.
- Ntozake Shange: American author poet and playwright.
- Lydia Shire: American chef and restaurateur, she owns Locke-Ober's, a venerable Boston restaurant, as well as "Biba" and others.
- Isabel E Allen: Biostatician
- [Heinrich A H] Walther von Brauchitsch: German Field Marshal.
- Operation 10 Plagues - Israeli offensive against Egyptian army
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Say Something Sweet to Your Sweetheart - Jo Stafford & Gordon MacRae
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?