Monday 18 October 1948
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Isabel E Allen and Hans Kochler.
The Red Shoes, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Break the $250,000 Bank.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1948!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1948 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Isabel E Allen: Biostatician.
- Hans Kochler: Austrian philosopher.
- Mark La Mura: American actor seen in the role of Mark Dalton in "All My Children," 1970.
- Lydia Shire: American chef and restaurateur, she owns Locke-Ober's, a venerable Boston restaurant, as well as "Biba" and others.
- Hans Köchler: Austrian philosopher author and academic.
- Ntozake Shange: American author poet and playwright
- [Heinrich A H] Walther von Brauchitsch: German Field Marshal.
- Operation 10 Plagues - Israeli offensive against Egyptian army
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?