Wednesday 3 September 1980
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Upside Down by Diana Ross.
In UK The Winner Takes It All by Abba was in the top 5 hits.
Smokey and the Bandit II, directed by Hal Needham, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Rage Of Angels by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 September 1980!
Which were the important events of 3 September 1980 ?
- Jennie Finch: American athlete, softball champion pitcher and a member of US softball team for the Olympics in 2004 and 2008, taking home a gold medal in 2004.
- Daniel Ruben Bilos: Argentinian footballer.
- Jason McCaslin (''Cone''): Canadian bassist (Sum 41).
- BG : American rapper and actor (Chopper City Boyz and Cash Money Millionaires).
- Daniel Bilos: Argentinian footballer.
- Cindy Burger: Dutch footballer
- Justin Halpern: American blogger and author
- Jason McCaslin: Canadian singer-songwriter bass player and producer (Sum 41 and The Operation M.D.)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Upside Down
- Olivia Newton-John - Magic
- Christopher Cross - Sailing
- Air Supply - All Out Of Love
- The Rolling Stones - Emotional Rescue
- The S.O.S. Band - Take Your Time (Do It Right) Part 1
- George Benson - Give Me The Night
- Irene Cara - Fame
- Johnny Lee - Lookin' For Love
- Paul Simon - Late In The Evening
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 3 September 1980 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?