Wednesday 17 September 1980
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Danny Haren and Stevi Ritchie.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Upside Down by Diana Ross.
In UK Feels Like I'm In Love by Kelly Marie was in the top 5 hits.
Ordinary People, directed by Robert Redford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Rage Of Angels by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Yes You Can.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Horse Racing or Mission Asteroid.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1980.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1980!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1980 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Danny Haren: American baseball player.
- Stevi Ritchie: Pop Singer.
- Leanne Ratcliffe: YouTube Star.
- Dan Haren: American baseball player.
- Shabana Mahmood: English lawyer and politician Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury.
- Oliver Risser: Namibian footballer
- Divine Madness starring Bette Midler, premieres
- Iraq (Saddam Hussein) signs accord with Algeria
- Solidarity labor union in Poland forms
- South Korea opposition leader Kim Dae Jung sentenced to death
- After weeks of strikes at the Lenin Shipyard in Gdansk, Poland, the nationwide independent trade union Solidarity is established.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Upside Down
- Air Supply - All Out Of Love
- Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
- Irene Cara - Fame
- Johnny Lee - Lookin' For Love
- George Benson - Give Me The Night
- Paul Simon - Late In The Evening
- Eddie Rabbitt - Drivin' My Life Away
- Larry Graham - One In A Million You
- The Rolling Stones - Emotional Rescue
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?