Tuesday 2 September 1980
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Upside Down by Diana Ross.
In UK The Winner Takes It All by Abba was in the top 5 hits.
Smokey and the Bandit II, directed by Hal Needham, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Rage Of Angels by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1980.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1980!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1980 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Dany Sabourin: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Danny Shittu: Nigerian footballer.
- Hiroki Yoshimoto: Japanese race car driver.
- Ashley Witmer: Miss Pennsylvania Teen USA (1997).
- William Douglas Denny: Composer, dies at 70.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Upside Down
- Christopher Cross - Sailing
- The Rolling Stones - Emotional Rescue
- Air Supply - All Out Of Love
- Irene Cara - Fame
- Olivia Newton-John - Magic
- George Benson - Give Me The Night
- The S.O.S. Band - Take Your Time (Do It Right) Part 1
- Paul Simon - Late In The Evening
- Johnny Lee - Lookin' For Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?