Monday 9 April 2007
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Don't Matter by Akon.
In UK Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne was in the top 5 hits.
Fracture, directed by Gregory Hoblit, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Supersizers Eat....
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battalion Wars 2 or Calling All Cars!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 April 2007!
Which were the important events of 9 April 2007 ?
- Saint Waltrudis
- Saint Casilda
- Saint Ingofried
- Saint Hugo of Rouan
- Day of National Unity- (???????? ?????????? ???), an annual public holiday in Georgia.
- Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valor, celebrated as Bataan Day in Bataan) in the Philippines.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jal�l (Glory) - First day of the second month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 April
- Egon Bondy: Czech philosopher and writer (Born 1930).
- The Governor of New York Eliot Spitzer signs legislation changing the date of the New York primary election to February 5, 2008. (AP via Herald News Daily)
- Thirteen detainees at Guantanamo Bay are conducting a hunger strike to protest against harsher conditions in a new prison unit and are being force fed. (AP via CNN)
- The United Kingdom Ministry of Defence bans any more of the 15 Royal Navy sailors and Royal Marines held captive by Iran from selling their stories to the media reversing a previous decision following widespread criticism. (Reuters via ABC News Australia)
- Tim Montgomery, a former 100-metre world record holder, pleads guilty to charges of bank fraud and money laundering. (BBC)
- President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of Iran announces that his country can now produce nuclear fuel on an industrial scale. (CNN)
- Ministers from natural gas exporting countries such as Russia, Kazakhstan and Iran meet in Doha, Qatar, prompting speculation that they might be looking at transforming the Gas Exporting Countries Forum into a cartel similar to OPEC. (BBC)
- Iraq War: Shia cleric Moqtada al-Sadr calls for an anti-American protest on the fourth anniversary of the overthrow of Saddam Hussein. Hundreds of thousands of Shias gather in Najaf for a demonstration calling for U.S.-led troops to leave Iraq. (BBC)
- East Timorese voters go to the polls to elect a new President of East Timor to replace Xanana Gusmão. (New York Times)
- Tens of thousands of demonstrators in Buenos Aires and other cities in Argentina protest against the death of Carlos Fuentealba, a school teacher having been severely injured by a tear gas canister fired by police during a protest the previous week over pay and working conditions. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Fergie - Glamorous
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- Beyonce - Beautiful Liar
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around…Comes Around
- Daughtry - It's Not Over
- Diddy - Last Night
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?