Wednesday 25 April 2007
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Felicity-Amore Hughes-Hull .
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Give It To Me by Timbaland.
In UK Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne was in the top 5 hits.
Spider-Man 3, directed by Sam Raimi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Elevator.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing AMF Bowling Pinbusters! or ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 April 2007!
Which were the important events of 25 April 2007 ?
- ANZAC Day (Australia, New Zealand).
- Saint Filo.
- Official Red Hat Society day.
- Carnation Revolution commemorated in Portugal (National Holiday).
- Roman Empire - Robigalia in honor of Robigus.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of Haile Selassie's visit to Jamaica.
- Fuck the Earth Day - Declared by Jon Stewart in the April 24th, 2006 episode.
- Swaziland - National Flag Day.
- Faroe Islands - National Flag Day.
- Sinai Liberation Day, (Egypt), Celebrates the withdrawal of Israeli troops from the Sinai peninsula.
- Saint Anianus
- Alice Day - celebration of the relationship between Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll.
- World Penguin Day
- Easter Sunday - 1886, 1943, 2038. In the Gregorian Calendar 25th April is the latest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (22nd March is the earliest).
- Yom HaShoah, or Holocaust Remembrance Day, falls on April 25 in 2006.
- Festa della Liberazione, (Italy), annual commemoration to mark the liberation of Italy at the end of the Second World War.
- Saint Ermin
- Saint Mark the Evangelist
- Felicity-Amore Hughes-Hull: New Zealand born child of noted family.
- US Representative Dennis Kucinich (Democrat-Ohio), introduces articles to impeach Vice President Dick Cheney.
- The Eliasberg specimen of the US 1913 Liberty Head nickel is sold for $5 million.
- In the USA, the Dow Jones Industrial Average gains 135.95 points to close at 13089.89; its first close above 13000 in its history.
- Ukrainian President Viktor Yushchenko signs a decree delaying the 2007 parliamentary election from May 27 to June 24. (BBC)
- The United States House of Representatives passes legislation that would order United States forces to start withdrawing from Iraq by October 1. (AP via CNN)
- Boris Yeltsin, the first President of Russia, is buried at Novodevichy Cemetery following a funeral service in central Moscow. (CNN)
- Former Polish government minister Barbara Blida commits suicide during a police searching of her house (AP)
- U.S. Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs David Kramer, speaking on behalf of the U.S. government, offers to normalize relations with Belarus if it releases imprisoned politicians. (RFE/RL)
- The French centrist and pro-European Union leader of the Union for French Democracy François Bayrou announces the foundation of the Democratic Party in the run-up to the 2007 legislative election after his strong showing in the presidential election. (BBC)
- China detains four United States citizens who were protesting for Tibetan independence and against the Beijing Olympics at the Mount Everest base camp. (Reuters via News Limited)
- Japanese police raid the offices of a pro-North Korean group in relation to the alleged kidnapping of two children in the 1970s. (BBC)
- Buddhist monks protest in the streets of Bangkok, demanding that Buddhism be made the official religion of Thailand under a new constitution. (ABC News Australia)
- Astronomers announce the discovery of the Earth-like exoplanet Gliese 581 c, which may support liquid water and is potentially habitable. (BBC)
- An Argentine federal court overturns the pardons issued to General Jorge Videla and former Admiral Emilio Massera following convictions received for their activities during the ampquotDirty Warampquot of the 1970s. The repeal of the pardons is largely symbolic, since the two are already under house arrest and serving lengthy sentences for other crimes. (Retuers via Yahoo! News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in April 2007?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?