Monday 9 December 1918
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Squaw Man, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1918.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1918!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1918 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- Jean Laborde: French journalist and novelist, who also wrote under the pseudonyms of Jean Delion and Raf Vallet.
- Joyce Redman: Irish-English actress (d. 2012).
- French troops occupies Mainz.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Oui, Oui, Marie - Arthur Fields
- Smiles - Lambert Murphy
- The Yanks Are at it Again - Arthur Fields & Peerless Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?