Wednesday 22 December 1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
A Guy Named Joe, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1943!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1943 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Robin Corbett: Australian-British politician, a Member of Parliament returned at General Election on 6/11/1987.
- Stefan Janos: Slovak-Swiss physicist and academic.
- Paul Wolfowitz: American banker and politician 25th United States Deputy Secretary of Defense.
- Beatrix Potter: English writer (Born 1866).
- WEB Du Bois elected 1st black member, National Institute of Arts & Letters
- Manufacturers get permission to use synthetic rubber for baseball core.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?