Friday 9 July 1965
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones.
In UK I'm Alive by The Hollies was in the top 5 hits.
Kwaidan, directed by Masaki Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1965!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1965 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- Frank Bello in Bronx: New York, USA; rock bassist (Anthrax-Protest and Survive).
- Frank Bello: American bass player (Anthrax and Helmet).
- Thomas Jahn: German director and screenwriter.
- Jason Rhoades: American installation artist (Born 1965).
- Bob Hess Jr: Horse trainer.
- 94th British Golf Open: Peter Thomson shoots a 285 at Royal Birkdale
- Senators Frank Howard ties record with 7 strikeouts in DH
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself
- The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Wooly Bully
- Jay and the Americans - Cara-Mia
- Herman's Hermits - Wonderful World
- Barbara Mason - Yes, I'm Ready
- Johnny Rivers - Seventh Son
- Jackie De Shannon - What The World Needs Now Is Love
- Ian Whitcomb - You Turn Me On (Turn On Song)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?