Monday 26 July 1965
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jennifer Ashe and Pam Burridge.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones.
In UK I'm Alive by The Hollies was in the top 5 hits.
The Ipcress File, directed by Sidney J. Furie, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 July 1965!
Which were the important events of 26 July 1965 ?
- Jennifer Ashe: Actress (As the World Turns).
- Pam Burridge: Australian surfer, known as "The Queen of Australian surfing.
- Jeremy Piven: American actor.
- Republic of Maldives gains independence from Britain (National Day)
- Full independence is granted to the Maldives.
- The Maldives receive full independence from Great Britain.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- Herman's Hermits - I'm Henry VIII, I Am
- Tom Jones - What's New Pussycat
- Jay and the Americans - Cara-Mia
- Barbara Mason - Yes, I'm Ready
- Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself
- Jackie De Shannon - What The World Needs Now Is Love
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Save Your Heart For Me
- The Dave Clark Five - I Like It Like That
- Johnny Rivers - Seventh Son
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?