Sunday 11 July 1965
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones.
In UK I'm Alive by The Hollies was in the top 5 hits.
Kwaidan, directed by Masaki Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1965!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1965 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Lisa Rinna: Newport Beach, California -- Actress (Billie-Days of Our Life).
- Tony Cottee: English footballer manager and sportscaster.
- Ernesto Hoost: Dutch kick-boxer and sportscaster.
- Scott Shriner: American singer-songwriter and bass player (Weezer and The Special Goodness).
- Dina Ruiz: American news journalist with noted husband Clint Eastwood.
- Ray Collins: American singer (The Mothers of Invention) (d. 2012).
- Israeli Mapai-party nominates David Ben-Gurion
- Kathy Whitworth wins LPGA Lady Carling Midwest Golf Open
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself
- The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man
- Herman's Hermits - Wonderful World
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Wooly Bully
- Barbara Mason - Yes, I'm Ready
- Johnny Rivers - Seventh Son
- Jay and the Americans - Cara-Mia
- Ian Whitcomb - You Turn Me On (Turn On Song)
- Jackie De Shannon - What The World Needs Now Is Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?