Sunday 18 July 1965
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones.
In UK I'm Alive by The Hollies was in the top 5 hits.
Kwaidan, directed by Masaki Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 July 1965!
Which were the important events of 18 July 1965 ?
- Uruguay - Constitution Day
- Vesselina Kasarova: Bulgarian opera singer.
- Steve Webb: English academic and politician.
- Jim Duggar: Reality Star.
- Benzino : Rapper.
- Robert Holland: CFL defensive back (BC Lions).
- Yugi Iga: Hockey forward (Team Japan 1998)
- Jim Bob Duggar: Arkansas politician and patriarch of the Duggar family
- Shalva Mikhailovich Taktakishvili: Composer, dies at 64.
- Kathy Whitworth wins LPGA Yankee Golf Open
- Zond 3 launched to fly by Moon, enters solar orbit
- Russian satellite Zond 3 launched.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself
- Herman's Hermits - I'm Henry VIII, I Am
- The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man
- Jay and the Americans - Cara-Mia
- Barbara Mason - Yes, I'm Ready
- Johnny Rivers - Seventh Son
- Ian Whitcomb - You Turn Me On (Turn On Song)
- Jackie De Shannon - What The World Needs Now Is Love
- Tom Jones - What's New Pussycat
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?