Saturday 9 November 1935
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Annie Oakley, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1935!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1935 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Bob Gibson: Saint Louis Cardinals' pitcher (Cy Young/National League Most Valuable Player 1968).
- David Wolfson: Baron Wolfson of Sunningdale English businessman and politician.
- Robert Gibson: American pro athlete, a Hall of Fame baseball pitcher, who joined the St. Louis Cardinals in 1957.
- Jacques Zimmer: French journalist and film critic.
- Congress of Industrial Organizations (CIO) labor union forms
- Japan invades Shanghai China
- US Congress of Industrial Organizations (CIO) labor union forms.
- The Congress of Industrial Organizations is founded in Atlantic City, New Jersey by eight trade unions belonging to the American Federation of Labor.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?