Saturday 7 November 1942
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Gentleman Jim, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 November 1942!
Which were the important events of 7 November 1942 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Willibrord
- Russia - day of the October Revolution (1917) in the Gregorian Calendar, unofficially commemorated
- Northern Catalonia - National Day, after Treaty of Pyrenees.
- Also see November 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Johnny Rivers [Ramistella]: NYC, New York -- Singer (Secret Agent Man).
- Arthur Blackwell: American siderealist astrologer, researcher and data collector, thorough and fastidious about accuracy.
- Tom Peters: American businessman and author.
- Johnny Rivers: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer.
- Jean Shrimpton: British model / actress (Privilege).
- André Vingt-Trois: French cardinal of the Catholic Church. He currently serves as Archbishop of Paris, having previously served as Archbishop of Tours from 1999 to 2005. He was elevated to the cardinalate in 2007.
- 1st US President to broadcast in a foreign language-FDR in French
- Bicyclist Fausto Coppi establishes world record (45,848 km)
- First US President to broadcast in a foreign language-Franklin Roosevelt in French.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1942 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- There Are Such Things - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra (Vocal Frank Sinatra & Pied Pipers)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 7 November 1942 and get them!