Tuesday 24 November 1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Keeper of the Flame, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1942!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1942 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Bayani Mendoza de Leon: Composer.
- Billy Connolly: Scottish actor and comedian.
- Marlin Fitzwater: American soldier and journalist 17th White House Press Secretary.
- Andrew Stunell: English minister and politician.
- Field Marshal Erich von Manstein arrives in Starobelsk
- French collaborator Earl De Brinon establishes African Falanx
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1942 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I Had The Craziest Dream - Harry James & His Orchestra
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?