Tuesday 9 September 1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paolo Castaldi and Susan Aiu.
Storm Over Asia, directed by Vsevolod Pudovkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1930!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1930 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Paolo Castaldi: Composer.
- Susan Aiu: American astrologer residing in Hawaii from August 1960.
- Frank Lucas: American organized crime boss, and former heroin dealer, who operated in Harlem during the late 1960s and early 1970s.
- Francis Carroll: Australian archbishop.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?