Monday 9 September 1957
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Tammy by Debbie Reynolds.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Woman in a Dressing Gown, directed by J. Lee Thompson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Letter From Peking by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1957!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1957 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Pierre-Laurent Aimard: French pianist, particularly committed to performing the work of contemporary composers.
- Gabriele Tredozi: Italian engineer.
- Ettore Pozzoli: Composer, dies at 84.
- Diana by Paul Anka reaches #1
- President Eisenhower signs 1st civil rights bill since Reconstruction
- Nashville, Tennessee's new Hattie Cotton Elementary School is dynamited.
- Catholic Memorial High School opens its doors for the first time in Boston
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- Paul Anka - Diana
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
- Nat King Cole - Send For Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 9 September 1957 and get them!