Thursday 26 September 1957
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Tammy by Debbie Reynolds.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Jet Pilot, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 1957!
Which were the important events of 26 September 1957 ?
- Klaus Augenthaler: German footballer and manager.
- Michael Dweck: American photographer and director.
- Arthur Powell Davies: American religious minister (Born 1902).
- West Side Story opens at Winter Garden Theater NYC for 734 performances
- Musical West Side Story, opens on Broadway
- USSR performs nuclear test at Eastern Kazakh / Semipalitinsk USSR
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Paul Anka - Diana
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- The Bobbettes - Mr. Lee
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
- Tony Bennett - In The Middle Of An Island
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?