Friday 27 September 1957
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Tammy by Debbie Reynolds.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Raintree County, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 1957!
Which were the important events of 27 September 1957 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
- Richard Vagg: Australian baseball infielder (1996 Olympics).
- Bill Athey: English cricketer footballer and coach.
- John Inverdale: English radio and television host.
- Peter Sellars: American actor director and screenwriter.
- Irvine Welsh: Scottish writer accused of glorifying the drug culture in works such as "Trainspotting," now a hit film, "Marabou Stork Nightmares" and "The Acid House.
- Christophe Bourseiller: French Journalist, writer, actor, and teacher (at the Politic Institute of Paris), born to André Gintzburger, producer, and Chantal Darget, comedian, he was bred by Antoine Bourseiller, screenwriter and actor on stage. He began as child actor in "The War of Buttons" directed by Yves Robert.
- Giants rent Seals Stadium until Candlestick is built
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- Paul Anka - Diana
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
- The Bobbettes - Mr. Lee
- Tony Bennett - In The Middle Of An Island
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 September 1957 and get them!