Sunday 9 September 1973
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mike Schlegel and Peter Scott.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Let's Get It On by Marvin Gaye.
In UK Young Love by Donny Osmond was in the top 5 hits.
Day for Night, directed by François Truffaut, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Hollow Hills by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Evil Touch.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1973!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1973 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Mike Schlegel: NFL defensive tackle (Atlanta Falcons).
- Peter Scott: Newcastle, NSW -- Canoeist (1996 Olympics).
- Todd McMillon: CFL cornerback (Saskatchewan Roughriders).
- Troy Rudolph: Production assistant (Suburbanators, Viper).
- Jérôme Golmard: French tennis player, a left-hander who reached a career-high singles ranking of World No.
- Kazuhisa Ishii: Japanese baseball player
- Samuel N Behrman: US stage / screenwriter (Quo Vardis), dies at 80.
- 93rd US Mens Tennis: John Newcombe beats Jan Kodes (64 16 46 62 62)
- Kathy Whitworth wins LPGA Dallas Civitan Golf Open
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 September 1973
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Stories - Brother Louie
- Helen Reddy - Delta Dawn
- Dawn - Say, Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Gypsy Rose
- Diana Ross - Touch Me In The Morning
- Paul Simon - Loves Me Like A Rock
- Wings - Live And Let Die
- Grand Funk - We're An American Band
- War - Gypsy Man
- Al Green - Here I Am (Come And Take Me)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?