Monday 17 September 1973
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Reid and Diego Albanese.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Let's Get It On by Marvin Gaye.
In UK Young Love by Donny Osmond was in the top 5 hits.
The Big Feast, directed by Marco Ferreri, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Hollow Hills by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Kriminalerzählung.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lemonade Stand or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1973!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1973 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- David Reid: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- Light middleweight boxer (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Diego Albanese: Argentinian rugby player.
- Ada Choi: Hong Kong actress.
- Demis Nikolaidis: Greek footballer.
- Hugo Winterhalter: American composer and bandleader (d. 1973).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 September 1973
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Grand Funk - We're An American Band
- Helen Reddy - Delta Dawn
- Paul Simon - Loves Me Like A Rock
- Dawn - Say, Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Gypsy Rose
- Stories - Brother Louie
- Cher - Half-Breed
- Stevie Wonder - Higher Ground
- Diana Ross - Touch Me In The Morning
- The Isley Brothers - That Lady (Part 1)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?