Sunday 23 September 1973
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Grant McDonald and Michelle Tolson.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Let's Get It On by Marvin Gaye.
In UK Young Love by Donny Osmond was in the top 5 hits.
The Big Feast, directed by Marco Ferreri, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Hollow Hills by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rock Concert.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lemonade Stand or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1973!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1973 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Grant McDonald: Australian baseball outfielder (1996 Olympics).
- Michelle Tolson: Manchester, New Hampshire -- Miss America - NH (1997).
- Artim Sakiri: Macedonian football player.
- Ingrid Fliter: Argentinian pianist.
- Vangelis Krios: Greek footballer and coach.
- Artim Šakiri: Macedonian footballer and manager
- Kathy Whitworth wins LPGA Portland Ladies Golf Open
- Former Argentine President Juan Peron returns to power.
- Juan Peron returns to power in Argentina.
- The Oakland Raiders defeat the Miami Dolphins 12-7, ending the Dolphins unbeaten streak at 18. It was the Miami Dolphins' first loss since January 16, 1972 in Super Bowl VI.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Grand Funk - We're An American Band
- Helen Reddy - Delta Dawn
- Paul Simon - Loves Me Like A Rock
- Dawn - Say, Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Gypsy Rose
- Stories - Brother Louie
- Cher - Half-Breed
- Stevie Wonder - Higher Ground
- Diana Ross - Touch Me In The Morning
- The Isley Brothers - That Lady (Part 1)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?