Thursday 13 September 1973
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Philip Dulebohn and Christine Arron.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Delta Dawn by Helen Reddy.
In UK Young Love by Donny Osmond was in the top 5 hits.
The Big Feast, directed by Marco Ferreri, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Hollow Hills by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Evil Touch.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gotcha or Lemonade Stand.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1973!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1973 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Philip Dulebohn: Washington, DC -- Figure skater (1997 Eastern Sr - 3rd).
- Christine Arron: French athlete, she ran the 100M race in 10 sec.
- Brian Evans: American basketball player: forward, Magic.
- Fabio Cannavaro: Italian footballer and manager.
- Mahima Chaudhry: Indian model and actress.
- Kelly Chen: Hong Kong singer and actress
- Olve Eikemo: Norwegian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Immortal I and Old Funeral)
- Carlo Nash: English footballer and photographer
- Betty Field: Actress (Kings Row), dies of cerebral hemorrhage at 60.
- Syrian / Israeli dogfight over Mediterranean Sea
- US Congress passes and sends a bill to President Richard Nixon to lift football's blackout.
- ABC announces it obtained TV rights for the 1976 Olympics.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Helen Reddy - Delta Dawn
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Dawn - Say, Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Gypsy Rose
- Paul Simon - Loves Me Like A Rock
- Grand Funk - We're An American Band
- Stories - Brother Louie
- Diana Ross - Touch Me In The Morning
- War - Gypsy Man
- Wings - Live And Let Die
- Al Green - Here I Am (Come And Take Me)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?