Friday 28 September 1973
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to We're An American Band by Grand Funk.
In UK Young Love by Donny Osmond was in the top 5 hits.
The Mother and the Whore, directed by Jean Eustache, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Hollow Hills by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1973.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1973!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1973 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
Famous Birthdays:28 September
- Palestinian Terrorists hijack Austrian train
- The ITT Building in New York City is bombed in protest at ITT's alleged involvement in the September 11 1973 coup d'etat in Chile.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Grand Funk - We're An American Band
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Cher - Half-Breed
- Paul Simon - Loves Me Like A Rock
- Helen Reddy - Delta Dawn
- Stevie Wonder - Higher Ground
- Dawn - Say, Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Gypsy Rose
- The Isley Brothers - That Lady (Part 1)
- B.W. Stevenson - My Maria
- The Allman Brothers Band - Ramblin Man
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?